Friday, October 14, 2005

The dread I feel at this instant for leaving Rijswijk and EP00 and this university-holiday-escapee setting is at least moderately tempered by the fact that for the first time, "returning home" doesn't mean parent-filled Florida. It means the calm and relaxing caverns of my own home. My own home in a state in which I have 1 girl friend and enough guy friends to require both hands to count. I won't be immediately bombarded with the returning-home standard inquisition: how was it? tell me all the details in a brief overview all at once. I know you're leaving out juicy details, young lady. Not wanting to talk about the five weeks that just passed because I want time to process them myself first, to distill my own confusions and contemplations and analyses into a comprehendable, compact review for others. I want to relish in the small, nonsense things that made the trip for me, to wallow in the small funnies that aren't worth telling other people who weren't there before losing them and their freshness and the emotional reaction they spark. I want to be selfish with my memories, to make them concrete, before I share.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home