Monday, May 02, 2005

This, my final night-before-a-final evening of my undergraduate career, would not be complete if I did not procrastinate for at least a few minutes by blogging.

In the past six weeks or so, I went numb, regained too much feeling, was diagnosed with the acute auto-immune disorder Guillian Barre Syndrome (or here), started seeing someone at the Counseling Center, got a parking ticket, and (will) graduate from college.

I've never felt so proud of myself for taking action to make myself better; normally, I'm so focused on extrinsic things I forget (or choose to forget, anyway) that there's a body and heart attached to this head. Though sneakers still bother my tingly/slightly numb/mildly tender feet and I'm not ready to wear rings yet, flip flops are wonderfully comfortable and my handwriting has improved drastically. Though I still get lost in building destructive walls, I'm learning to open the door for my friends even if they don't know it. Though I'm terribly scared about the next five years, let alone the next three months, of my life, my heart leaps with excitement about having my own walls to paint and my own towel colors to choose.

I'm squeezing the typical college experience I consciously chose not to have into the past two weeks, and am loving it (and with no regrets for my past decisions). Here's to dealing with self-constructed woes, focusing on friendships, and looking forward with optimism instead of apprehension to the future.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home