Thursday, November 03, 2005

I found this rather serendipitously, on an old lab mate's lj,

comment with your name and I'll
1. respond with something random about you.
2. tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. pick a liquor i'd take a shot of with you.
4. say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. ask you something that I've always wondered or liked about you.
8. If I do this for you, you should post this on your journal (eh, I don't really care about this one. do whatever you want.)

Look, I've done one meme and now I can't stop. I just learned this new usage of "meme," by the way, which I haven't heard since I read The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins back in freshman english. Did my usage sound authentic? hehe

8 ..::thought(s)::..

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer ..::word(s)::..

1. your usage of the word "meme" was totally authentic. whoo! do me!
2. i checked out the ancestor's tale (richard dawkins's latest book) recently; got any good/bad things to say about him as an author?
3. those steve madden shoes. hot.
4. aaaand you watch good eats! yayyyy! did you see last night's 10 pm episode? (i think the carrots were the 7 pm one. hmmm, the fact that i know this is kind of sad.) it was about avocados, and alton brown made avocado ICE CREAM. and avocado FROSTING. it was amazing.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jen ..::word(s)::..

I remember Dawkins being surprisingly interesting whose writing kept me turning the pages. Let me know what you think of his new book!

I saw the first part of the avocado episode (the beginning of making the frosting) but then fell asleep :) hehe He really is incredible and my favorite part of what he does is how he turns the most common household objects into fancy cooking equipment. I love it!

Ok the meme:
1. you always wore glasses better than anyone I know
2. Howie Day, Brace Yourself
3. vodka...I think we've done it already :)
4. Take your shirt off, Daniel!! Please?! C'mon!
5. Thinking you were a fake person made up by the other Jen's imagination. hahahaha
6. Panda bear - cuddly (the way you always looked so comfy on the office couches with your blanket wrapped all around you)
7. Liked: where to begin? Your kindness, amazing abilities, writing, thoughts...Wondered: why didn't we hang out more?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Biff ..::word(s)::..

Oh please do me Jenny :-)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer ..::word(s)::..

aww, thanks, jen! your answer to #4 cracked me up. i wonder why we didn't hang out more, too, and that's definitely something i regret about my four years at tech. BUT! if you do fly out here and visit jonathan sometime in the future, you should call me... and we can hang out then. :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Jen ..::word(s)::..

Biffy!

1. you have an amazing collection of underwear that must be knotted before wearing and that can be used as aviation equipment!
2. so so many - anything by Maroon 5, Marc Broussard, or Rockapella
3. my favorite we've done is coconut parrot bay
4. burning condom wrappers (ok not just you knows what that means, but it's the first thing that came to mind) hehe or how about cheesy poofs or the count to 100
5. at Centenial park walking by that fake rock-waterfall thing talking about tennis (just before the PS retreat)
6. honey bear it's so cute! (not because of the unprovocated agression part)
7. your ability to focus for extended periods of time, among other things. question: where do you buy your doo rags? hahah

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous ..::word(s)::..

Jen-
Do me. And it was great seeing you last weekend. Glad you are breaking in your shoes.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jen ..::word(s)::..

KAB!!

1. your mom's living room design was ripped off by better homes and gardens. oh, and you eat everything with your hands - EVERYTHING! you bought *something* at a fake "tupperware" style party ahahah
2. john mayer, "your body is a wonderland" collective soul "run" (played repeatedly, of course), michelle branch, vanessa carlton, koheed & cambria, that's only what first comes to mind
3. anything, friend :)
4. sex is like a $20 bill...Linda's fudgecake...I get more from you than I feel like I ever give
5. getting hooked up by Randy to be roommies, and feeling like it was a dating service. shopping in NYC together. Ben, our Boston tour guide. Playing your stupid game sitting on the lawn waiting for the Pops and not figuring out WHAT IN THE WORLD you were trying to get me to say!
6. koala bear - the whole australia thing, plus you have a good nose like a koala
7. love: your incredible patience, honesty, and fashion advice. wondered: how are you so smart about everything? do you miss me as much as i miss you?

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Biff ..::word(s)::..

Thank Jenny! Every time we talk or I read your blog I miss you so much! And you know, good question on the do-rags; most come from Total Crafts, but two came from some Coyote Homecoming (?) event. And my favorite (and one of yours apparently, as mentioned in #1) was found at Frederick's of Hollywood, but I don't think they sold it in the "do-rag" category. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home