Saturday, December 28, 2002

More Accomplishments:
  • watched Gangs of New York Thursday. Excessively gory; effectively ruined my whole peaceful mindset and even worse, my day. Arg.

  • watched Minority Report yesterday with Hanson. Hugged his leg, bit his knee in horror. Terrified me to bits. Couldn't sleep. Fitfully watched football. Great movie, though. Crazy sidenote: the movie was based on a short story by Philip Dick, the guy who's book I'm reading. Wowsers. Small world, huh?

  • watched Kate and Leopold today with the 'rents. Delightful, really.

It struck me as strange that I was forced to face mortality today. That mortality has been shoved in my face for the past three days just seems awkward. Thursday I sat my parents down and made them teach me my history. My family history, that is: when did my ancestors come to America, why, where'd the family branches go, how'd they meet? It was all fascinating. Then on Friday we went to eat with my great aunt (my dad's mom's sister) and she told all these stories of the family in the Bronx, my great-grandfather's toy store, my grandma's cousin peeing on her from a tree branch...yea...it was funny. And today, we rummaged through old pictures. I was enraptured by these volumes of crinkled, black-and-yellow pictures of people whos DNA I share, but whom I know no better than the next person on the street! Wow.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home