Sunday, December 22, 2002

Wow. I'm still recovering from the after-book shivers. I just finished reading that Irving book, "A Widow for One Year," and now I'm experiencing that lost feeling that overcomes me whenever I finish an excellent, thought-provoking book that I've been reading for a while and not doing anything else -- what do I do now that the one thing that has preoccupied me for 600 pages-worth of time, is done? The book reminded me of what it's like to experience a healthy spectrum of emotions, made me feel as though, if the book's messed up characters could end with a happy life, then certainly I can, too! I can't even verbalize yet all the unformed thoughts and emotions triggered by the novel's voices...

Movies I've seen in the past week (and in this order):
  • Office Space (3 times)

  • Analyze That

  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings

  • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Plus, I saw the last 3 movies all in one day. That's crazy, yo!

Now I'm about to start another book ("Prey" by Michael Crichton), but I feel sort of guilty, like I'm cheating on my just-finished book. Oye, to think what life would be like if I had had as many "lovers" (ha! that's such a fifty-year-old's word, but I use it because I can't think of anything more suitable. bleh.) as books fill my shelves. I couldn't concentrate on anything today, not even THE MALL! until I had finished my book. How a succession of black markings on many bound pages can capture my attention and drive me to physical lethargy to allow my mind to play! Goodnight, world, for now...I'm off to sleep the contented sleep of a girl who thinks life really is okay, afterall. :)

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home