Saturday, December 14, 2002

ho-hum. back at home, and what do you know it's the same ol' same ol'. and yet as familiar as everything here is, it's also strangely refreshing to be away from what was starting to become the same ol' same ol' at tech. and, i think the distance is making decisions for me. ahhhhh :)

i was inspired last night by a friend who paints really well, it made me want to feel the comfort of my fingers wrapped around a slender wooden brush, unmethodically slapping some color onto the page as haphazardly as my wrist and imagination would allow. so i did. kind of. i got out my old pastel set that i've had since i lived in maryland (i got them right after a visit with my grandpa, who was an amazing artist; he did it just for fun and tried to teach me a few things, but those genes didn't transfer and i'm jsut clumsy with art) and a sketch pad that was lying around and i drew. well, it's the effort that counts, right? hehe i had a picture of this beautiful scene in my mind that didnt quite transfer to the page. it was incredibly relaxing, though, to just sit by myself in my room, surrounded by memories, dreams, and a decent cd player, and not think about anything. i'm going to try again tomorrow to get that scene right - i found some really old colored pencils that my g-pa had that turn into watercolor looking strokes when you run a wet brush over the pencil and they might work better than the pastels. and if not, i'll just have to try again :)

but the best part of the day was knowing that i'd get to see danny tomorrow!

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home