Thursday, May 26, 2005

I attended my second Funk class at the gym tonight. It's a hip-hop dance class with an instructor who looks just like my "friend." No seriously, they could be twins. They both wear the same type of glasses. Same hair "cut." Same height and build. Same skin and eye color. I seriously feel like my "friend" is teaching me to dance nastily to Ciara's "Ooohhh" song. And I like it. ;)

Today we started working on a dance to Ciara's "One-two step" song, too, but it was more complicated and faster and ended up with the instructor laughing at me. It's okay, 'cause I was laughing at me too. The thing is, I love the class, I love throwing my hips and tushy around without care, but I don't have much rythm. So I dance my own way -- awkwardly and clumisly. That's just my style, yo.

This throwing of hips and tush is teaching me something, though, besides a few steps I'm going to have to break out in Save the Last Dance style at a club one night, and that's to be more comfortable In This Skin (yes, that also happens to be the name of Jessica Simpson's newest album. Fine, I've been watching too much MTV and E! THS lately). To revel in the feel of my torso thrown to the right, sashayed to the left, my top half shakin' all around. That's right, I'm a woman. So there, self! That's right I've packed a lil' junk in this trunk for my trip around the dance floor. And that's right, I have been lifting weights. *insert a kiss of my biceps here*

hahahahaha

So anyway....

I think I'll just leave it at that right now. Go ahead and keep laughing, world. Yes, just imagine me gyrating and trying to drop it like it's hot. Laugh laugh laugh. But if you're laughing, you should post a comment. C'mon, it'll be fun.

3 ..::thought(s)::..

At 9:19 PM, Blogger chris ..::word(s)::..

i'm laughing, and feeling like a blog-o-holic since you posted this all of an hour ago

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Biff ..::word(s)::..

Jenny, I miss you lots and I wish I could be there for you! But in the mean time, you made me laugh out loud at work imagining you in that class... but keep shakin' it!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous ..::word(s)::..

Shake it! baby shake it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home