Friday, February 17, 2006

Ah, I'm playing hooky right now and it feels WONDERFUL! I'm ocean colored this week; I'm normally on the Green schedule and would have today off, but since Danny's coming next week for Mardi Gras I switched my Fridays to have next week's Blue friday off, hence me being ocean blue-green. I scheduled an appointment for today two weeks ago before realizing I would want to work today, so instead of going in early, leaving and coming back, I'm chiling on my couch watching Dawson's Creek and feeling a much-need sense of renewal. I'll head in to work after the appointment and a quick jog at the gym.

It feels really nice to just relax, kind of sneak away from the world even if only for a few hours, and revel in the illusion I've always had since I was first conscious of mid-morning TV. Being able to watch TV between 8am and noon on a weekday has always represented the height of luxury to me, since it means you don't have to work or be at school; weekday mid-morning feels like found time to me, that you had to be clever and happy to find it nestled away between the more readily available early afternoon and the time slot reserved for the day's preparation. So relaxing at home right now feels like I'm rewarding myself with a little break for a long, hard-working week.

Sometimes I really need to catch up with myself, not in the lonely nighttime hours when I'm stuck in my head and fanciful day dreams like Zach Braff's character on Scrubs, but just doing nothing, thinking nothing, without feeling guilty for wasting time because this is my found time, my un-wasteable time.

Anyway, time to get ready. Thanks for the comment, Favorite Kyle! I'd be willing to share the internet with you, if you want - I know you'd treat it kindly and tenderly :)

1 ..::thought(s)::..

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous ..::word(s)::..

oh no! If you haven't blogged a new blog by now, you won't be able to until after Mardi gras with your constant entertaining of Danny...alas, I'll have to entertain myself some other way.

<3 Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home