Saturday, February 04, 2006

Livia! I went into the store thinking I'd walk out with the (men's / "unisex") Trek 1200, but had done a little research on the WSD line and so when the sales guy told me they wouldn't have any 1200's in my size in the store for another week and asked if I wanted to try the WSD 1000, I figured, why not?

And I'm so glad I did! As cheesy as it sounds, from the moment I sat on the bike (they let Dan and I take a test ride through Uptown, the neighborhood around GNO Cyclery) it felt like I was riding a comfy cloud; it felt like I was part of the bike, working with it to move forward and not against it. The bike felt like an eager puppy out on its first walk in the park, urging me to go forward a little faster, a little faster. And this was in regular sneakers! So imagine my joy when I fell even more in love with the bike and its performance once I started riding with clipless pedals and my SPD shoes!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wrote a WHOLE LOT and blogger lost it. I hate Blogger and My Life. Hate. (and that's a strong word)

UGH!

I can't do it again.

Recap:

Bike = good for reasons I typed (somewhat eloquently, too; narrower handlebars, seat shaped for child-bearing hips, shorter stem, smaller overall) but were lost.

Friends coming to visit = wonderful for reasons I typed (I'm LONELY and MISS uncomplicated friends who care and listen and talk) but were lost.

Superbowl watching = fun and heartening to watch for reasons I typed (the joy of happy people that renews my sometimes-failing optimism that pure happiness does still exist) but were lost.

James Blunt = amazing to listen to for reasons I typed (listen 3 x day and still makes me want to cry every time) but were lost.

ugh.

2 ..::thought(s)::..

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer ..::word(s)::..

Jen! I'm sad that I won't get to read your lost post, but... try downloading a Firefox extension called Sessionsaver (link). It restores your browser after a crash, so if Firefox crashes while you're composing a Blogger post, then this will bring it back. If the problem's with Blogger, on the other hand, then... this might not work. But it's a handy extension to have regardless. :)

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Livia ..::word(s)::..

YAY! I tested a women's, then did some math on the dimensions and decided that it wouldn't really make a difference (i wanted to splurge for nicer components) but when it fits, it fits! I'm SO happy for you... someday we will have to go on a real ride together and not one where your bike is about to break and I get a flat tire. Welcome to the wonderful world of cycling :-)

Oh, and to avoid blogger losing stuff... I type them in word first :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home