Friday, May 27, 2005

There's nothing like going out in public, tasting the world, and realizing how much better home is.

It's funny that that's my instinctual reaction when I go out down here - my friends are great, it's all the other people. I think I've been spoiled by the sorts of people I hung out with at Tech. Listening to some random band (the guitarist is one of Danny's fraternity brothers) tonight at some random club in Hollywood, I tried to dissect in my mind what it is that made me have so much fun outside my dorm room but not outside of my crib in the 'Dale. Sure, in Atlanta the places we went were mostly bar-ish, not usually with live music. But when it comes down to it, I can't settle on anything but the people being the difference. Maybe I had just gotten really comfortable in Atlanta, too, and here is. Well, here is like I'm a little girl again, struggling to be cool and fit in and find out how to grow up. So when we're out and being young adults, I feel like I'm just faking it and everyone around me can see through the act.

I really miss my Tech friends. I'd like to think that I took stock of how much I valued my friends while I was there, but in reminiscing, I'm reminded of all the times I wish I had counted my blessings a little more. Stop! self, regret will not temper sadness, only prolong it.

Maybe I'll make a trip up to the Atl sometime soon. Catch up. All that. It could be a little wierd, but what's life for if it's not spiced up by wierdness? Anyone want to offer their couch (eh, I'll even take carpeted floor) to a roving college graduate starved for intellectual conversation and mental stimulation not triggered by an especially good episode of Good Eats?

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home