Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm sorry, Jonny! I've sucked at our blogging game this week, and I'm about to break all the rules you hate. I must regress into reviewing the past few days of my life, because I really think they're worth the review - naked women are included - and I'll do my duty of writing something quasi-intellectual soon, I promise. (I've already brainstormed and outlined! a blog about blogging and religion and life - whoa :))

Quick shout-out to JLee: wooo!! A comment!! Aaa! And also, thanks again and many months later for the Jason Mraz CD you gave me a while ago - I just found it and am jamming out to "You and I both" (only my favorite Mraz joint).

I bought a condo in New Orleans! I'm the only 21-year-old I know with a mortgage (or will be soon, hopefully, if my application is approved), which is a little overwhelming and frightening and moderately stressful. I posted some pictures of it on Flickr. Now I'm going through the possibly even more stressful and frustrating process of searching for a sofa and table. Being the only grandchild in a small family, I inherited my grandparents' furniture when they passed away (the most intelligent and kind man I'll ever know, my Grandpa Jerry, Christmas 1998, and Grandma Laura, 2002), and am fortunate to not have to buy any more furniture than a sofa and table. My head hurts with all the options I've seen in the past few days. I don't even know what colors or materials or sizes I want anymore. I'm almost at the point where I want to tell my mom to get something and surprise me. I've done my dorky engineering thing and drawn the floorplan in autoCAD and on graph paper to see how the different pieces of furniture I've seen will fit, which has muddled my mind even further. But I know these are good and exciting things to kvetch over :)

When I got home Friday night I got the call from D that we were finally going to Tootsies (use your imagination). We'd talked about going forever, but were waiting for a big group of his fraternity brothers to go so we'd be part of a group. After a slight snag (H leaving his debit card in the ATM machine - he had to get singles), we met up with the brothers and sat down in the front row (seriously, FRONT ROW) by the stage.

I didn't realize what I was in for. I expected some boobies, but whooooaa!, the girls took it ALL off. I'd never seen so many parts of a woman before, to be honest. I also didn't know you could do - that - with a woman's body. I found myself saying, "wow...whoa!!" many times throughout the evening, and hoped the entertainers weren't insulted by my incessant laughter (to Hanson: think those are real? H to me: no way! pointing to another rack now those, those are nice.)

It was a great time, hanging out with friends and being surrounded by nature; though it was of a different sort than I normally try to find, I still felt like I walked away from the night having learned something new (who knew you could grab a dollar bill with your butt cheeks?). I also tipped two dollars of H's money and got a few standing claps for it...

What rounded off that experience, though, happened the next night at a party we went to in south Miami, by FIU. A few of the guys who were at Tootsies the night before were also at this party, and were severely intoxicated by the end of the night. As in, no mental filter to the words that poured out of their mouths. So as we're saying our goodbyes to leave, one of the guys tells me, "You should be a stripper." I was like, what?! Uhhhh..thanks? (what do you say to that?)

I laughed and was mildly flattered (yes! drunk guy thinks I look good enough with my clothes on that I'd look better with them off! hehe), but then - then! He gets his buddy's attention (also a Tootsies attendant) and says, pointing, "Look at her tits. Shouldn't she be a stripper?" Buddy agrees, and everyone in the kitchen is staring at me (but not my face). At this point, I turned bright, bright red (which the first guy also pointed out) and wasn't sure whether to be mortified or complimented. I'm still not sure what to think, but I'll go with complimented so I can sleep at night without feeling creepy. It was suppose it was very, very funny. H and D found endless amusement in replaying the scene over and over for me.

So, a new domicile, a strip club, a new job possibility...what more could I ask for out of a weekend? :)

4 ..::thought(s)::..

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Jennifer ..::word(s)::..

yay, shout-out! *is excited like chris was in the comments two posts ago*

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger chris ..::word(s)::..

woah, i had no idea you were buying a condo!! for some reason, i thought you were just apartment shopping... that is so awesome -- the pictures look great!

and you simply have not lived until you have been to a gay strip club, honey chile... perhaps we can fix that when i'm in town -- i'm sure there are some good ones in new orleans. mua-ha-ha...

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Livia ..::word(s)::..

I think your boobs would look great on a stage!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Black Magic ..::word(s)::..

Ditto what livia said!

I totally could see you on stage, shaking your ta-ta's all around for the gents. If you need an agent, give me a holla!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home