Monday, February 17, 2003

Do not despair! According to the official Haloscan webpage:

"We're doing some work on the server and will have the site restored soon. Thanks for your patience.

Update We have found that the cause of the recent problems with the service were caused by a hardware failure in the database server. We are working to replace that server completely but in the meantime we have a backup loaded. No comments have been lost but we have temporarily disabled the posting of comments to the server until we have the database server replaced. Everything should be resolved and running by Tuesday at the latest. Sorry about the problems and thanks for your patience as we resolve this matter."

Aaaahhhh. So, all one of you who wanted to post something (and absolutely rock my world and tempt me to take my shirt off and spin it around my head like a helicopter) yesterday/today you (aka "Mandy") must try again tomorrow. hehe Thanks favorite poopie head :)

Today's rehearsal was awesome. We practiced in the Ferst Center (where the production is actually happening Saturday) so it served to calm my nerves to stare out at the sea of red velour seats; it's really just a big room with lots of chairs, right? No big deal. No way that many people fit in the room. At least, that's what I'm going to keep forcing myself to think until Saturday. Also, I started to really feel the play, getting to stand up there with all these other dynamic women behind me, bouncing words and power and emotion off each other, back and forth, like a game of verbal basketball. I feel amazing on stage - I'm definitely not the best person on that stage, but when the lines are flowing off my tongue, standing on that stage, just like I imagine in the last few minutes before I'm lulled to sleep at night, it's incredible - nothing else in the world matters, I can't feel my toes or fingers or nose; I just know they're all there and doing what they're supposed to. I trust my heart to keep beating and my lungs to keep breathing. I'm in the moment, the moment is me and I am speaking. Words. I am that fifteen year old, that seventh grader, and yet I am still me. Wow. It's like how I used to feel for those fifteen minute intervals of talking to judges at the State Science Fair; that feeling when I heard my name called after hearing, "First in Environmental Sciences goes to"...wow I'm a dork :)

Anywho, I'm excited nontheless. I only wish my parents could be there. Rarrrrr I hate...well...the usual: silly, stupid, nonsensical, unfair beaurocracy.

Now I have to go prepare for Tuesday. I have ten minutes.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home