Thursday, February 06, 2003

Goodness comes in bursts. The past two days have been quite possibly some of the coolest in the past two semesters. First of all, I am very proud of myself for not succombing to the melancholy, fear, and sadness that usually accompanies the occasional Tuesday. Instead, I rocked the face off my interview and got runner-up for the Semmes, which comes along with a sweet $5,000. My daddy im'd me: "HI Jen- Congradulations on winning the scholorship. I heard from mom that you came in 2nd but in my book your number one.
Good going
Love
Dad" :)

I found that out Wednesday, in the middle of getting thermo help from my TA. How do you concentrate on Rankine cycles after a phone call like that, really? It was Tony's 21st birthday so after deadline we went out to Charlie G's, a fun pub in midtown. The other three proceeded to get a little (err, a lot) drunk and provided me with much entertainment. It was a real confidence booster, the whole day. Sometimes it's really nice to get a kick in the face saying that you are worthy, that people value what you do and respect you for it. It feels good to feel liked. We talked about editor for next year, but that's too much to think about now...

Today I got another two kicks of joy. I found out I got a 105/100 on my eng econ test last week, which might not seem like a big deal since it's a cake class, but I feel like a need some redemption, some revenge in the econ field. Yea. Even better the past couple of days though, has been the sprout. Intense, incredible, amazing, I can't stop smiling. I don't even know why or when or how things took a change for the much much better, but I'm glad they have. I hope this high lasts for a while...but I do have a dynamics test tomorrow, so I should probably go study even though there's a million things swimming in my head that I want to write down. I want to remember this feeling, chronicle it, document it so that I can look back and remember what sheer joy looks like.

Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Ah.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home