Monday, January 13, 2003

Just some thoughts running through my head, unrelated to this, I just felt like writing and this is what came out:

In my mind’s eye, I am holding a rose. A full, in bloom rose with its petals staring full on at the sky, absorbing the sun’s cheer, smiling at the deep blue of the sky and winking at the puffy white clouds nestled into the sky’s bosom. Then slowly, I look down to see each petal of the rose being softly plucked off the flower and I’m scared and I’m looking all around me, wondering who could be so cruel to pluck off the petals?! Each, one by one, of the tendrils fell to the ground until only the very last petal was left on the stem. I gripped the base of the petal and my knuckles began to turn white. The harder I squeezed, the more I felt my last beautiful petal drift out of my grasp, out of my life, out of me. And then it is over, and I am alone and my petals that once were beautiful, filled with hope and love, are gone for good.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home