Saturday, February 28, 2004

You know how sometimes, there are those movies you see that when you wake up the next morning, you feel simultaneously refreshed and it's as if a new color is shading the walls around you, and as if you saw the movie over and over again in your mind as you slept? 50 First Dates left me feeling as if I could bawl, for the sheer glory of it all, of life. For the longing in my heart to live on the water; for the intense love I know; for my want to make things good; for the sadness of thinking that somewhere out there on this planet there are actual people who have memory problems who lose themselves every night. Who wake up each morning feeling the excitment of a new day, but it's a day everyone around them knows they've already lived over and over before. I googled "short term memory loss" and couldn't find anything resembling Lucy's problem in the movie, but I guess that doesn't mean it doesn't really exist. What a wonderful night of being a real human being again, not just a task do-er routine follower.

Good movies have the power to make you feel. That's one of the best sensations in the world, to know emotions, to know your own heart beat, to know your tears and how they fall.

0 ..::thought(s)::..

Post a Comment

<< Home